This message was emailed to all My Dundee users on 9 May 2019
Just to remind you that on Tuesday 4 June, My Dundee will be getting a new look. This will apply a new, intuitive interface to the main navigation elements of My Dundee without affecting modules – you will not need to do anything. If you’d like a preview of this upcoming change, we’ve enabled a demonstration area with the new interface already applied. Read on for more information.
What is happening?
As previously announced, we will be applying Blackboard’s Ultra Base Navigation to My Dundee on Tuesday 4 June. This is a completely redesigned user interface, representing a new vision for the platform into the future. You will find the navigation cleaner, more responsive and concurrent with the kind of experience we’d expect from a modern online service.
- You’ll get a final reminder on Monday 3 June.
- The change will be implemented at 0800 on Tuesday 4 June.
- You’ll get a confirmation email once the process has been completed successfully.
There will be no downtime and anyone using the system at the time will simply get the new interface the next time they refresh their page.
What about my modules?
This change will only affect My Dundee at the main navigation level – your modules will not change. Once logged in, you will see the new interface and be able to navigate around top level areas like the calendar, activity stream and module lists, but once you click into a module you will get exactly the same experience as you do now, both as a student and as an instructor.
Accessing the Preview?
We have created a preview area that will give you an early look at what’s coming to My Dundee in June. You can access this whether you are a member of staff or a student.
To access the preview:
- Follow this special link: My Dundee Ultra Preview
- Login using your university credentials.
- This is ONLY a preview version, NOT the live version of My Dundee – to access your normal modules, continue to use my.dundee.ac.uk as usual.
- This is a demonstration area: it may be withdrawn at any time; it may change at any time; it may break at any time; performance is not representative of the live system.
- You will be accessing the preview as a student, even if you are a member of staff – no instructor permissions, no editing.
If you’re a student you may well be off to enjoy the summer soon, but we will be publicising the new look My Dundee at the beginning of the next academic year in September.If you are a module leader, you should look out for further communication over the summer about ‘Ultra experience’ modules. We are working with a small number of colleagues across the schools to figure out how best to design an opt-in adoption programme, but we’re not yet ready to openly offer this completely revamped experience.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues about this upgrade
Senior Educational Technologist, Centre for Technology and Innovation in Education (CTIL)