If you experience issues like blank or partial loading web pages, then you can try this simple troubleshooting guide.
First, check you are using the latest version of web browser. (You can use this website or by going to your web browser website).
Browser Support pages
Here are the My Dundee supported browsers help pages (here you can check all the latest news, issues and versions of your web browser).:
Below are four commonly known browser issues, and you can use your browser support site links above to rectify them:
1. Make sure that 3rd Party Cookies are enabled.
If you experience problems staying logged in to Blackboard or get a purple spinning wheel when you enter Collaborate, please check your browser settings to make sure you allow third party cookies.
2. Pop-Up Blocker
Pop-up blockers detect a pop-up window (like unwanted advertisements), and they automatically close the window. But this can prevent My Dundee (Blackboard) from performing correctly.
While using My Dundee, if you are unable to view discussion postings, quiz windows, and download links, then you need to disable pop-up blocking for the My Dundee site. Learn about turning off pop-up blocker on your device, from your browser support site.
3. Internet history & cache (clearing browsing data)
Your internet browser keeps a record of all the websites you visit in its history. Your internet cache stores copies of these sites locally on your computer. In the short-term this helps websites load faster, but this stored data can create problems:
If you are experiencing “Session Already Running” errors or are unable to view certain web content (404 errors and/or 502 errors), try clearing your Internet history and/or cache. You can learn how to do this from your browser support site.
Still having issues?
If you’re still having problems accessing pages & content, here are some other potential fixes to try:
- Try hard refresh of the webpage:
PC: Hold “Ctrl” & click “Refresh” button. Or
Mac OS: hold “Command” & “Option” keys & press “R” (Forcing a refresh clears the page’s data cache and reloads it from the website.)
- Shut down your computer wait 10 seconds and start it up again.
- Try another web browser and/or device.
- If you can, come back and try the website at a later time .e.g. come back in 1-2hrs time. It does not often happen, but service can go down from time to time – if you suspect this is the issue, please visit System Status web page for information or raise a call with Help4U.
- Double check with your instructor to ensure you should have access.