You can link any of your Padlets into any of your Blackboard modules by following the steps below. We recommend that you have two tabs open – one with your My Dundee module and one with Padlet.
- On your module in My Dundee click the + icon in the Course Content section
- On the drop-down menu click Create
- Then click Teaching tools with LTI connection
- Click the New LTI date at the top to rename the link
- Go to your Padlet site, find the item you want to add and go to Share at the top right
- In the right-hand menu, click Add to your LMS as an external tool. After this is done more options will appear. Please ensure that your Padlet’s privacy is set to Secret.
- Click copy on the (Secure) Launch/Tool URL. Go back into your module in My Dundee, and paste this URL into the Configuration URL box
- In Padlet, copy the Consumer key. Go back to your module page, and paste this into the Key section
- In Padlet, copy the Shared secret. Go back into your module in My Dundee, and paste it into the Security Token
- In Padlet, copy the Custom Parameters. Go back into your My Dundee module and click Add Customer Parameters and paste the parameters from Padlet
- In your module, add a description so your students know what Padlet they’re accessing
- Click Save
Your Padlet will now show as a rocket icon with the name and description you gave it.