Self-knowledge

How do I stand at the moment – what builds my resilience, what drains my resilience away?

Podcast Icon

Podcast 1 – Self-Knowledge Statement 1: How do I stand at the moment?

Knowing yourself, your strengths and development areas are the first steps to deciding to take some relevant and achievable action. What, and who, builds your resilience? What situations use up your resilience and how do you recover? Take a few moments of self-reflection, have conversations with colleagues, supervisors and friends and or use online tools and resources to help you discover more about yourself.

Self-knowledge builds over time. Some resilience-building activities are regularly repeated behaviours in certain situations or with specific individuals or groups. The same is true for resilience-draining ones. When things go well and you feel encouraged and strong, think about what led to that. Similarly when you have used a lot of energy dealing with something or someone, pause to work out what or who has caused you to use so much of your resilience in dealing with it/them.

What have you found about yourself and your resilience today that surprised you?