The MBChB is to migrate from Medblogs to a new Moodle platform for session 2023/24.
For several years the MBChB has two online platforms running in parallel,
- Medblogs (WordPress) for all learning materials and communication
- Delta (Moodle) for assessment submission and virtual classrooms.
The MBChB requires a customisable online platform in order to
- provide a wide range of content spaces which span year groups, that are open to all students and staff, and which are presented by a flexible navigation rather than a list of discreet modules.
- enable a range of custom user permissions to support open access to materials, and to allow staff to login with their NHS credentials to reduce barriers for NHS clinician engagement.
- support the MBChB spiral curriculum by enabling staff and students to build custom searches across Years 1 to 3, which requires the tagging of taught material to a range of criteria.
- create a dashboard for displaying news and announcements which are targeted at specific student groups by a range of academic and support staff in the School.
The remaining intercalated BMSc courses will migrate from Delta to My Dundee for session 2022/23.