This year, the TILT team had the pleasure of welcoming Medical Art student Meghana Mokhasi into the yearly student placement position. A fantastic illustrator and 3D artist, Meghana created bespoke teaching material for both the MBChB course and the Surgical Skills centre, part of the Dundee Institute for Healthcare simulation.

Portrait of Meghana Mokhasi

“Hello, my name is Meghana! I am a medical artist from India with a background in physiotherapy. My goal is to communicate science and medical content in an engaging and accessible way. The Medical Art program at the University of Dundee taught me various 2D and 3D art techniques that have been helpful in making art and animation. Creating illustrations that students will use as study material (just as I did during my undergraduate degree) is exciting and I am grateful I got the chance to do this with the team at TILT!”

Examples of coursework Meghana produced for the MSc in Medical Art postgraduate course

Meghana’s dissertation project on Synaesthesia, of which more information is available here

Working with TILT

Hair follicle Illustration – Dermatology

Follicle illustration of caucasian, black and asian hairPart of a larger brief with Dermatology and the Medical Artist, this illustration focuses on the structure of hair follicles in Caucasian, Asian and black skin. An important part of our curriculum in the medical school is including information and representation of all ethnicities, of which Meghana has done a beautiful job illustrating here. This illustration will primarily be used in year 2 dermatology teaching material.

Surgical Skills – Skin Cancer Flaps

VY pedicle flap

This step-by-step flap illustration is now included amongst a selection of illustrations for teaching surgical skills.

More information on Surgical Skills work to come.

It was a pleasure to work with Meghana and we look forward to seeing Meghana’s career flourish!

Skip to toolbar